Is ChatGPT the Future of Teacher Burnout Prevention? [SUSTAINABILITY SERIES]Apr 04, 2023
Is ChatGPT the Answer to Solving Teacher Burnout? A Closer Look
Not only do you have to lesson plan, do random administrative tasks, email parents and students, keep up to date on grading, but you have to manage behavior and actually teach. If you're like most teachers, that means you are constantly piled with more and more to do. It can be really overwhelming.
A lot of days you probably don’t have the energy to get it all done. So you leave it all for the next day, starting your day in a tizzy of stress. This means you start the day feeling behind. But what if you had your own personal assistant to make your decision making processes, emails, and lesson plans streamlined within a matter of seconds?
In this episode, we're going to dive deeper into some of the reservations that teachers have about utilizing Artificial Intelligence like ChatGPT, how to get good responses from your prompting of Chat GPT, and my favorite ways to utilize it to reduce teacher burnout, job creep, and decision fatigue. This tool can revolutionize the way we teach, learn, and get stuff done!
- My favorite tool to reduce teacher overwhelm and burnout = Automation
- How can teachers automate using ChatGPT?
- Some common uses of AI you might not know about
- Teacher's concerns and reservations about using ChatGPT and other AI
- 3 Plagiarism detection programs to detect AI usage from students
- 4 Tips for Discussing Artificial Intelligence with Your Students
- How AI is going to transform teaching and learning
- Changing Our Mindset About ChatGPT in the Classroom
- Using Artificial Intelligence to improve teacher & student creativity, emotional intelligence, and critical thinking
- How to get quality responses from ChatGPT
- The PREP framework for generating the best artificial intelligence responses
- The difference between Systems with AI Automation & Plug and Play Automations
- Top 3 Ways Teachers Can Use ChatGPT to combat job creep and teacher burnout
- Creating Teacher Templates with ChatGPT
- Differentiation for lesson planning with ChatGPT
- Becoming more efficient in the classroom using ChatGPT
- If we continue to be afraid to use tools like this to our advantage, we're really doing ourselves and our students a disservice
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THE EPISODE:
- Join the Waitlist for Automate Your Classroom Course - Learn the step-by-step roadmap TO creating a sustainable teacher task simplification and automation system to beat burnout, squash stress, get back YOUR time, and sustain your career in education
- AI detection websites:
- Take the FREE Teacher Burnout Roadmap to Burnout Recovery Quiz - Take this short, fun, and informative quiz to discover what you need to sustain your teaching career and begin burnout recovery. This quiz will help you understand what support systems you need, how to prioritize your mental health to live a fulfilling and energized life as a teacher, and what drives your self-care.
- Missing Assignment Google Form to Automatic Email Template - Your Go-To for Teacher Communication Simplification is in this Google Form to Automatic E-mail Guide
- FREE Parent Communication Documentation Form
- The Ultimate Teacher Digital Planner
- Try it before you buy it with a FREE Daily Digital Planner
CONNECT WITH BRITTANY:
- Connect with Brittany on Instagram @teachingmindbodyandsoul
- Learn more on TikTok with Brittany @msprincessteach
- Episode 41: Sustainability Secrets: Overcoming Stress Responses in the Classroom
- Episode 42: Teach Smarter, Not Harder: Achieving Sustainability without Sacrificing Your Life [SUSTAINABILITY SERIES]
- Episode 43: Teacher Burnout Busting Systems: 3 Steps to Creating a Personalized Lesson Planning System with Sara Marye [SUSTAINABILITY SERIES]
- Episode 44: The Battle Against Teacher Burnout: The Ultimate Strategies for Managing Job Creep in Education [SUSTAINABILITY SERIES]
- Episode 45: 5 Simple Automations to Streamline Teaching & Squash Stress [SUSTAINABILITY SERIES]
MORE ABOUT THE RESILIENT TEACHER PODCAST:
The Resilient Teacher Podcast is the show that will give overwhelmed educators the support, tools, and mindset to reduce teacher burnout and keep teaching sustainable. Each week, Brittany Blackwell, M.Ed. & her guests will share inspiration and actionable steps to avoid or recover from the dreaded teacher burnout. You'll be inspired to individualize self-care and learn to prioritize your well-being and mental health, all while making a bigger impact on your classrooms and community.
SUBSCRIBE & REVIEW ON ITUNES:
Are you subscribed to the podcast? If not, I encourage you to do that NOW so you never miss another episode! New episodes are added every Tuesday, and if you're not subscribed there's a good chance you might miss out on notifications that a new episode has gone live. Click here to subscribe on iTunes!
And if you are feeling extra amazing, I would be super grateful if you would leave a review on iTunes, too! Those reviews help other educators who are burned out and needing support find the podcast, and I love shouting you out on the Community Reviewer of the Week Segment! Just click here to review, select "Ratings & Reviews" and "Write a Review" and share what you are loving about the podcast!
Some links on this page are affiliate links. This helps to support this podcast at no additional cost to you.
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.