How to Gain Better Work-Life Balance this School Year for Teachers (Ep. 8)Aug 02, 2022
One of the hardest things teachers strive toward at the beginning of the new school year is work-life balance.
As educators, we get into the profession to change lives, to make a difference, but often, there are obstacles along the way and unrealistic expectations placed upon us.
Work-life balance for educators is one of the most difficult tasks to accomplish because we feel like we have to give more, be more, and do it all - "for the kids." The fact is that the majority of educators lack work-life balance which impacts their stress levels, their families, and eventually leads to burnout. Lacking this important balance is not going to support our well-being. Being in burnout is not going to help the kids.
That's why in this episode, I am giving you three ways you can gain better work-life balance and beat burnout this school year.
- Statistics that will blow your mind about teacher work-life balance
- How an unbalanced workload impacts not only educators, but students and communities as well
- Why teachers need better work-life balance
- How do teachers balance work and life during the school year?
- Three ways every teacher can gain better work-life balance
- How to audit your teacher life and tasks so you can be more balanced
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THE EPISODE:
- Try it before you buy it with a FREE Daily Digital Planner
CONNECT WITH BRITTANY:
- Learn more on TikTok with Brittany @msprincessteach
- The Second Episode in the Summer Self-Care for Burnout Recovery Series: The 5 Must Have Methods for Teachers To End the Stress Cycle this Summer
MORE ABOUT THE RESILIENT TEACHER PODCAST:
The Resilient Teacher Podcast is the show that will give overwhelmed educators the support, tools, and mindset to reduce teacher burnout and keep teaching sustainable. Each week, Brittany Blackwell, M.Ed. & her guests will share inspiration and actionable steps to avoid or recover from the dreaded teacher burnout. You'll be inspired to individualize self-care and learn to prioritize your well-being and mental health, all while making a bigger impact on your classrooms and community.
Some links on this page are affiliate links. This helps to support this podcast at no additional cost to you.
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.