Boost Your Energy and Focus: 3 Tips for Reducing Teacher Decision Fatigue (Ep. 34)Jan 10, 2023
Are you looking for ways to reduce decision fatigue that is impacting you in your classroom or at home? Are you not even sure that's what you are experiencing? In this episode, we are diving deeper into effects of decision fatigue and how it can impact your energy and focus. A lot of teachers don't even realize that some of their normal every day habits in and out of the classroom are leading to additional stress responses that can lead to increased decision fatigue.
In this episode, I am sharing my recent experience realizing something that's been causing me decision fatigue, talk about how this transition period from winter break can really increase the possibility of decision fatigue, give you a couple of ways to really reduce this, and then sprinkle in a little pep talk at the end to really center you towards avoiding and preventing that choice paralysis.
Ready to hear some game-changing ways to reduce decision fatigue so you can boost your energy and focus on the things you love?
- How decision fatigue can affect your energy and focus
- Community Shout Out
- Recent Unexpected Experience with Decision Fatigue
- Transition from winter break can cause increase in decision fatigue
- Where Decision Fatigue falls into the Stress Responses of: Fight/Flight/Freeze/Fawn
- How decision fatigue manifests in the classroom
- How to systemize to streamline decision making processes
- Freebie: The Ultimate Teacher Guide to Reducing Decision Fatigue
- Using tools that reduce decision fatigue
- Artificial Intelligence to Reduce Brain Power
- Chat GPT-3 for Teachers
- Mini-Pep Talk to Reduce Decision Fatigue
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THE EPISODE:
- The Ultimate Teacher Guide to Reducing Decision Fatigue
- Get on the Waitlist for Sustain & Simplify with EduCare Systems where you will learn how to simplify teacher tasks and create automations so that you can reduce time wasting tasks, set it and forget it, and have the time to do the things you actually want to do in teaching
- Do Less by Kate Northrup
- Watch the FREE "Balance before Burnout: Work/Life Balance Audit" Mini-workshop
- Science-Backed Mental Wellness products for stress resilience, mood, motivation, & energy
Get accessible mental health support from licensed professionals online with Talk Space (They take insurance) - Save $100 with Code SPACE Individualized EduCare Program
- The Ultimate Teacher Digital Planner
- Try it before you buy it with a FREE Daily Digital Planner
CONNECT WITH BRITTANY:
- Connect with Brittany on Instagram @teachingmindbodyandsoul
- Learn more on TikTok with Brittany @msprincessteach
- Episode 28: TEACHER PEP TALK: The Ugly Truth About Teacher Work-Life Balance
- Episode 15: Teacher Burnout to Boundaries with Spencer Cotter
- Episode 17: 3 Simple Steps to Managing Your Limited Teacher Planning Time & Reduce Stress with Special Guest Stephanie Palovchik
MORE ABOUT THE RESILIENT TEACHER PODCAST:
The Resilient Teacher Podcast is the show that will give overwhelmed educators the support, tools, and mindset to reduce teacher burnout and keep teaching sustainable. Each week, Brittany Blackwell, M.Ed. & her guests will share inspiration and actionable steps to avoid or recover from the dreaded teacher burnout. You'll be inspired to individualize self-care and learn to prioritize your well-being and mental health, all while making a bigger impact on your classrooms and community.
SUBSCRIBE & REVIEW ON ITUNES:
Are you subscribed to the podcast? If not, I encourage you to do that NOW so you never miss another episode! New episodes are added every Tuesday, and if you're not subscribed there's a good chance you might miss out on notifications that a new episode has gone live. Click here to subscribe on iTunes!
And if you are feeling extra amazing, I would be super grateful if you would leave a review on iTunes, too! Those reviews help other educators who are burned out and needing support find the podcast, and I love shouting you out on the Community Reviewer of the Week Segment! Just click here to review, select "Ratings & Reviews" and "Write a Review" and share what you are loving about the podcast!
Some links on this page are affiliate links. This helps to support this podcast at no additional cost to you.
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.