Exposing The 12 Stages of Teacher Burnout & Survival Season (Ep. 26)Nov 15, 2022
Are you in a state of survival mode in teaching right now? What if I told you there is a research-based reason for that? So many of us feel that way and it's been coined "survival season" for a reason. Bringing a whole new meaning to "tis the reason for the season" am I right?
But as I tell teachers I work with all the time, sometimes just knowing what stage of burnout you are currently in can be a transformative stage to recovery. In this episode, we are going to be discussing the phases of teacher attitude throughout the school year, the 12 stages of burnout, and why knowing what stage we are currently in is vital to breaking the cycle.
If you are ready to Break the Teacher Burnout Cycle, let me invite you to my FREE Break the Burnout Cycle Webinar and share with you the 6 SIMPLE steps to surviving and thriving before winter break. When you attend you will walk away with the official Break the Burnout Cycle Guide, a one hour PD credit you can provide to your district for continuing education credits, and an entry to an Amazon gift card giveaway. This event is completely FREE and I want to share with you the steps you can take so that you can get unstuck and reignite your passion again.
- Community Reviewer of the Week Shoutout
- The Tiktok that started it all
- The Phases of a Teacher's Attitude Throughout the School Year
- Your rest of the year forecast based on these phases
- Exposing The 12 Stages of Burnout
- Why Knowing What Stage of Burnout You Are in is VITAL to breaking the cycle
- How our burnout recovery is similar to lesson planning and differentiation
- The Next Step you can take to BREAK THE BURNOUT CYCLE to Survive & Thrive Before Winter Break
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THE EPISODE:
- The Tiktok that Started it All
- FREE Break the Burnout Cycle Webinar
- Science-Backed Mental Wellness products for stress resilience, mood, motivation, & energy
- Get accessible mental health support from licensed professionals online with Talk Space (They take insurance) - Save $100 with Code SPACE
- The Individualized EduCare Program
- The Ultimate Teacher Digital Planner
- The FREE Breathwork Guide for Burnout Recovery
CONNECT WITH BRITTANY:
- Connect with Brittany on Instagram @teachingmindbodyandsoul
- Learn more on TikTok with Brittany @msprincessteach
- Episode 20: Is Your Addiction to Stress Keeping You Stuck in Teacher Burnout?
- Episode 4: The FIVE Must Have Methods to End the Stress Cycle
- Episode 21: Challenging Teacher Burnout and The "Good" Teacher Narrative with Special Guest Caitlin Peay Smith
- Episode 24: Teacher Pep Talk: For You to Avoid Perfectionism So You Can Save Your Teaching Career
MORE ABOUT THE RESILIENT TEACHER PODCAST:
The Resilient Teacher Podcast is the show that will give overwhelmed educators the support, tools, and mindset to reduce teacher burnout and keep teaching sustainable. Each week, Brittany Blackwell, M.Ed. & her guests will share inspiration and actionable steps to avoid or recover from the dreaded teacher burnout. You'll be inspired to individualize self-care and learn to prioritize your well-being and mental health, all while making a bigger impact on your classrooms and community.
SUBSCRIBE & REVIEW ON ITUNES:
Are you subscribed to the podcast? If not, I encourage you to do that NOW so you never miss another episode! New episodes are added every Tuesday, and if you're not subscribed there's a good chance you might miss out on notifications that a new episode has gone live. Click here to subscribe on iTunes!
And if you are feeling extra amazing, I would be super grateful if you would leave a review on iTunes, too! Those reviews help other educators who are burned out and needing support find the podcast, and I love shouting you out on the Community Reviewer of the Week Segment! Just click here to review, select "Ratings & Reviews" and "Write a Review" and share what you are loving about the podcast!
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.