TEACHER PEP TALK: “Quiet Quitting” For When You are Struggling with Setting Authentic Boundaries (Ep. 16)Sep 06, 2022
Are you a teacher who struggles with setting or communicating your teacher boundaries? Have you heard of the trending term "quiet quitting?" When I first heard the term, it struck a nerve as being a negative term and I imagined teachers whispering "I can't do this anymore" to their administration and throwing up a peace sign, but that's not at all what it is. Quiet quitting is not what the term implies and it's not a new concept although it's a trending term.
In this episode, I am telling you what exactly quiet quitting is, being real about a situation that I had recently in my teaching experience with setting new boundaries, and bringing you that motivation and pep talk to change your perspective and set those authentic boundaries without the struggle! If you are a teacher who struggles with setting or communicating boundaries this pep talk is for you.
These pep talk style episodes are my attempt to create a more authentic way for you to connect with me, for you to feel like you have support on your hardest days (even if and ESPECIALLY if you don't have that in your community or schools). I also created this style in an effort to show you that you are not alone. We are in this together and YOU ARE a RESILIENT TEACHER!
- Teacher Community Shout Out of the Week
- What is "Quiet Quitting?"
- My experience setting new boundaries this school year
- How I changed my mindset about it
- Examples of Quiet Quitting in the school environment
- Reminders of Why Boundaries are so important
- Being Intentional with Your Teacher Boundaries
- Reframing for Teachers Who Struggle with the idea of Quiet Quitting and Setting Boundaries
- What does Quiet Quitting Do for Sustaining Your Job As an Educator
- Motivation for flexing that boundary setting muscle
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THE EPISODE:
- Beat Burnout with Boundaries Workshop with Brittany Blackwell which includes:
- The Ultimate Guide for Setting Educator Boundaries Printable Workbook
- Boundary Pattern Analysis Evaluation & Scales
- Boundary Planning & Development Exercises
- 80 minutes of video trainings
- FREE Affirmations for Burned Out Teachers Workbook
CONNECT WITH BRITTANY:
- Learn more on TikTok with Brittany @msprincessteach
- Episode 15: Teacher Burnout to Boundaries with Special Guest Spencer Cotter
- Episode 14: Teacher Pep Talk: For When You’re Doubting Yourself and Letting Limiting Beliefs Keep You Stuck
- Episode 10: TEACHER PEP TALK: For When You're Overwhelmed and Dropping the Ball
- Episode 12: Teacher Pep Talk: For When You Need to Change Your Teacher Mindset
MORE ABOUT THE RESILIENT TEACHER PODCAST:
The Resilient Teacher Podcast is the show that will give overwhelmed educators the support, tools, and mindset to reduce teacher burnout and keep teaching sustainable. Each week, Brittany Blackwell, M.Ed. & her guests will share inspiration and actionable steps to avoid or recover from the dreaded teacher burnout. You'll be inspired to individualize self-care and learn to prioritize your well-being and mental health, all while making a bigger impact on your classrooms and community.
Some links on this page are affiliate links. This helps to support this podcast at no additional cost to you.
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.