3 Powerful Tips for Burned Out Teachers to Manage the Beginning of the School Year Stress Cycle (Ep. 13)Aug 23, 2022
Are you a teacher who is stressed before the school year officially begins? Are you struggling with feelings of overwhelm and stress and you just don't know why? I recently posted a Tiktok that had teachers spilling their guts in my comment section with how they are currently feeling about just stepping foot in their building.
The stress cycle and our body's biological and physiological responses are impressive. Sometimes it's not our fault that we end up in the stress cycle and it's just a response that happens to triggers or stressors that are out of our control. That's why in this episode I'm diving into the five stages of the stress cycle and the 3 must have tips for managing the beginning of the school year stress cycle.
- The one thing teachers don't think about that impacts their stress levels at the beginning of the school year
- Community Shout Out
- What is the stress cycle?
- The Five Stages of the Stress Cycle
- The Three Must Have Steps to Coping with and Completing the Stress Cycle at the Beginning of the School Year
- The Difference Between Negative and Postive Stress Mindset
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THE EPISODE:
- Burnout: The Secret to Unlocking the Stress Cycle by Emily and Amelia Nagoski
- Boundaries Before Burnout PopPD workshop
Watch the FREE "Balance before Burnout: Work/Life Balance Audit" Mini-workshop
- Try it before you buy it with a FREE Daily Digital Planner
CONNECT WITH BRITTANY:
- Learn more on TikTok with Brittany @msprincessteach
- The Second Episode in the Summer Self-Care for Burnout Recovery Series: The 5 Must Have Methods for Teachers To End the Stress Cycle this Summer
- Episode 8: How to Gain Better Work-Life Balance This School Year
- Episode 9: Four Must Have Ways to Make Back to School Season Stress-Free
MORE ABOUT THE RESILIENT TEACHER PODCAST:
The Resilient Teacher Podcast is the show that will give overwhelmed educators the support, tools, and mindset to reduce teacher burnout and keep teaching sustainable. Each week, Brittany Blackwell, M.Ed. & her guests will share inspiration and actionable steps to avoid or recover from the dreaded teacher burnout. You'll be inspired to individualize self-care and learn to prioritize your well-being and mental health, all while making a bigger impact on your classrooms and community.
Some links on this page are affiliate links. This helps to support this podcast at no additional cost to you.
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.