56. 3 Ways to Stress Less Starting this Summer & Beat Burnout Next School YearJun 13, 2023
Ever wonder how the chronic stress from teaching is impacting your summer lifestyle?
While summer break is the ultimate goal of resting and recharging; stress knows no rest. Its impact on our bodies lingers, even in the moments of supposed tranquility, silently eroding our well-being. The weird period of transition from heavy stress-induced overwork in teaching to summer break can be a shock to your nervous system and you need evidence-based ways to get yourself regulated this summer.
In this episode, we are going to chat about why stress causes teachers to experience sickness, anxiety, overcommitment, and/or total exhaustion in the summer and the three simple ways you can stress less so you can get out of living the same burned out year time and time again. So what do you say? You ready to live your best hot teacher summer life?
- How Chronic Stress Shows Up on Summer Break
- Why do teachers get sick at the beginning of summer
- The sneaky reason you can't sit still once summer starts
- How over-planning and overcommitting in the summer is leading towards burnout in the fall
- How chronic stress is leaving you unable to get off your couch
- Why Prioritizing Pause is Essential to Enjoying the Present Moment
- How the Present Moment is Being Stolen By Stress
- 3 Evidence Based Ways to Stress Less
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THE EPISODE:
- Join one of the Events this summer to get more community, support, and innovative strategies from more teacher experts so you can get back into alignments and burnout free this school year
- Take the FREE Teacher Burnout Roadmap to Burnout Recovery Quiz - Take this short, fun, and informative quiz to discover what you need to sustain your teaching career and begin burnout recovery. This quiz will help you understand what support systems you need, how to prioritize your mental health to live a fulfilling and energized life as a teacher, and what drives your self-care.
- Join the Waitlist for Automate Your Classroom Course - Learn the step-by-step roadmap TO creating a sustainable teacher task simplification and automation system to beat burnout, squash stress, get back YOUR time, and sustain your career in education
- Request Professional Development from your Administrator
- Interested in getting support for your school - Check out the For Schools Page
- Watch the FREE "Balance before Burnout: Work/Life Balance Audit" Mini-workshop
- The Ultimate Teacher Digital Planner
- FREE Affirmations for Burned Out Teachers Workbook to help change your mindset
CONNECT WITH BRITTANY:
- Connect with Brittany on Instagram @teachingmindbodyandsoul
- Learn more on TikTok with Brittany @msprincessteach
- Connect with The Resilient Teacher Community - FREE on Facebook
- Ep 3: Why Summer Break is Not Going to Get You Out of Teacher Burnout (Ep 3 - Summer Burnout Recovery Series)
- Ep 4: The 5 Must Have Methods for Teachers To End the Stress Cycle this Summer (Ep. 4 - Summer Burnout Recovery Series)
- Ep 5: How to Develop a Burnout Recovery Plan in Less Than an Hour (Ep. 5)
- Episode 36: Teacher Pep Talk: Slay the Sunday Scaries
- Episode 16: TEACHER PEP TALK: “Quiet Quitting” For When You are Struggling with Setting Authentic Boundaries
MORE ABOUT THE RESILIENT TEACHER PODCAST:
The Resilient Teacher Podcast is the show that will give overwhelmed educators the support, tools, and mindset to reduce teacher burnout and keep teaching sustainable. Each week, Brittany Blackwell, M.Ed. & her guests will share inspiration and actionable steps to avoid or recover from the dreaded teacher burnout. You'll be inspired to individualize self-care and learn to prioritize your well-being and mental health, all while making a bigger impact on your classrooms and community.
SUBSCRIBE & REVIEW ON ITUNES:
Are you subscribed to the podcast? If not, I encourage you to do that NOW so you never miss another episode! New episodes are added every Tuesday, and if you're not subscribed there's a good chance you might miss out on notifications that a new episode has gone live. Click here to subscribe on iTunes!
And if you are feeling extra amazing, I would be super grateful if you would leave a review on iTunes, too! Those reviews help other educators who are burned out and needing support find the podcast, and I love shouting you out on the Community Reviewer of the Week Segment! Just click here to review, select "Ratings & Reviews" and "Write a Review" and share what you are loving about the podcast!
Some links on this page are affiliate links. This helps to support this podcast at no additional cost to you.
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.