55. Why Summer Break is the Best Time To Begin Teacher Burnout Recovery: The 3 Essential Steps to Using Summer to Break the Burnout CycleJun 06, 2023
Ready to finally get out of teacher burnout cycle this summer once and for all? Stop right now and give this one a listen!
Teachers often think that summer break is the ideal time to kick burnout to the curb, but the sad truth is that summer is not THE SOLUTION, but it is one of the essential ingredients needed. (And spoiler alert, leaving the classroom isn't either) There is however a crucial stage in the burnout cycle where recovery is possible and Summer Break could be just the tool you've been looking for!
The 3 Essential Steps to Using Summer to Break the Burnout Cycle
Knowing the Signs, Symptoms, and Stages of Burnout - those are important to awareness of the problem. In this episode, we talk about the four stages of the burnout cycle, why summer is not the solution but it is a tool, and the three simple steps you can take this summer to ensure that you use this season wisely and finally break the patterns that have been holding you back.
- The 4 Stages of the Burnout Cycle
- The symptoms you might be experiencing teacher burnout
- The Most Critical Stage for Burnout Recovery
- How Summer can be used as a tool in this stage for burnout recovery
- Summer is not the cure all for burnout
- The 3 Essential Steps You Can Use This Summer to Break the Burnout Cycle
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THE EPISODE:
- Take the FREE Teacher Burnout Roadmap to Burnout Recovery Quiz - Take this short, fun, and informative quiz to discover what you need to sustain your teaching career and begin burnout recovery. This quiz will help you understand what support systems you need, how to prioritize your mental health to live a fulfilling and energized life as a teacher, and what drives your self-care.
- Join the Waitlist for Automate Your Classroom Course - Learn the step-by-step roadmap TO creating a sustainable teacher task simplification and automation system to beat burnout, squash stress, get back YOUR time, and sustain your career in education
- Request Professional Development from your Administrator
- Interested in getting support for your school - Check out the For Schools Page
- Watch the FREE "Balance before Burnout: Work/Life Balance Audit" Mini-workshop
- The Ultimate Teacher Digital Planner
- FREE Affirmations for Burned Out Teachers Workbook to help change your mindset
CONNECT WITH BRITTANY:
- Connect with Brittany on Instagram @teachingmindbodyandsoul
- Learn more on TikTok with Brittany @msprincessteach
- Connect with The Resilient Teacher Community - FREE on Facebook
- Ep 3: Why Summer Break is Not Going to Get You Out of Teacher Burnout (Ep 3 - Summer Burnout Recovery Series)
- Ep 4: The 5 Must Have Methods for Teachers To End the Stress Cycle this Summer (Ep. 4 - Summer Burnout Recovery Series)
- Ep 5: How to Develop a Burnout Recovery Plan in Less Than an Hour (Ep. 5)
- Episode 36: Teacher Pep Talk: Slay the Sunday Scaries
- Episode 16: TEACHER PEP TALK: “Quiet Quitting” For When You are Struggling with Setting Authentic Boundaries
MORE ABOUT THE RESILIENT TEACHER PODCAST:
The Resilient Teacher Podcast is the show that will give overwhelmed educators the support, tools, and mindset to reduce teacher burnout and keep teaching sustainable. Each week, Brittany Blackwell, M.Ed. & her guests will share inspiration and actionable steps to avoid or recover from the dreaded teacher burnout. You'll be inspired to individualize self-care and learn to prioritize your well-being and mental health, all while making a bigger impact on your classrooms and community.
SUBSCRIBE & REVIEW ON ITUNES:
Are you subscribed to the podcast? If not, I encourage you to do that NOW so you never miss another episode! New episodes are added every Tuesday, and if you're not subscribed there's a good chance you might miss out on notifications that a new episode has gone live. Click here to subscribe on iTunes!
And if you are feeling extra amazing, I would be super grateful if you would leave a review on iTunes, too! Those reviews help other educators who are burned out and needing support find the podcast, and I love shouting you out on the Community Reviewer of the Week Segment! Just click here to review, select "Ratings & Reviews" and "Write a Review" and share what you are loving about the podcast!
Some links on this page are affiliate links. This helps to support this podcast at no additional cost to you.
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.