54. Teacher Pep Talk: How to Break Free from Your Comfort Zone for Career SuccessMay 30, 2023
One of the things that holds teachers back from getting out of burnout or recovering from burnout is the fear of failure and stepping outside of their comfort zone. Many don't realize how this is an essential step in breaking the burnout cycle and igniting personal and professional growth. Join us as we explore the reasons behind this resistance, the transformative potential of embracing discomfort, and actionable strategies to break free from the gravitational pull of the familiar. Discover how facing fears, adopting a limitless mindset, and gradually expanding comfort zones can lead to resilience, professional advancement, and a renewed passion for teaching.
You're not alone in this because even I am having to step outside of my comfort zone in order to pursue my dreams and be the best me. Listen in as I share what's to come and how we can break free from the comfort zone TOGETHER.
- JK Rowling's story of venturing out of the comfort zone
- What is the comfort zone for teachers?
- Why do teachers stay stuck and stagnant in their careers?
- What is the psychology behind the comfort zone?
- How fear impacts our comfort zone
- Growth and Comfort CANNOT coexist
- Four Things You Can Do this Summer to Get out of Your Comfort Zone
- How I am Stepping Out of My Comfort Zone for My Personal and Professional Growth
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THE EPISODE:
- Request Professional Development from your Administrator
- Interested in getting support for your school - Check out the For Schools Page
- Take the FREE Teacher Burnout Roadmap to Burnout Recovery Quiz - Take this short, fun, and informative quiz to discover what you need to sustain your teaching career and begin burnout recovery. This quiz will help you understand what support systems you need, how to prioritize your mental health to live a fulfilling and energized life as a teacher, and what drives your self-care.
- Join the Waitlist for Automate Your Classroom Course - Learn the step-by-step roadmap TO creating a sustainable teacher task simplification and automation system to beat burnout, squash stress, get back YOUR time, and sustain your career in education
- Watch the FREE "Balance before Burnout: Work/Life Balance Audit" Mini-workshop
- The Ultimate Teacher Digital Planner
- FREE Affirmations for Burned Out Teachers Workbook to help change your mindset
CONNECT WITH BRITTANY:
- Connect with Brittany on Instagram @teachingmindbodyandsoul
- Learn more on TikTok with Brittany @msprincessteach
- Connect with The Resilient Teacher Community - FREE on Facebook
- Episode 38: Teacher Pep Talk: Finding Your Voice and Fighting Imposter Syndrome
- Episode 18: Teacher Pep Talk For Dealing with Unrealistic Expectations and Feeling Like It's Never "Enough"
- Episode 14: Teacher Pep Talk: For When You’re Doubting Yourself and Letting Limiting Beliefs Keep You Stuck
- Episode 36: Teacher Pep Talk: Slay the Sunday Scaries
- Episode 16: TEACHER PEP TALK: “Quiet Quitting” For When You are Struggling with Setting Authentic Boundaries
MORE ABOUT THE RESILIENT TEACHER PODCAST:
The Resilient Teacher Podcast is the show that will give overwhelmed educators the support, tools, and mindset to reduce teacher burnout and keep teaching sustainable. Each week, Brittany Blackwell, M.Ed. & her guests will share inspiration and actionable steps to avoid or recover from the dreaded teacher burnout. You'll be inspired to individualize self-care and learn to prioritize your well-being and mental health, all while making a bigger impact on your classrooms and community.
SUBSCRIBE & REVIEW ON ITUNES:
Are you subscribed to the podcast? If not, I encourage you to do that NOW so you never miss another episode! New episodes are added every Tuesday, and if you're not subscribed there's a good chance you might miss out on notifications that a new episode has gone live. Click here to subscribe on iTunes!
And if you are feeling extra amazing, I would be super grateful if you would leave a review on iTunes, too! Those reviews help other educators who are burned out and needing support find the podcast, and I love shouting you out on the Community Reviewer of the Week Segment! Just click here to review, select "Ratings & Reviews" and "Write a Review" and share what you are loving about the podcast!
Some links on this page are affiliate links. This helps to support this podcast at no additional cost to you.
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.