5 Simple Automations to Streamline Teaching & Squash Stress [SUSTAINABILITY SERIES]Mar 28, 2023
If you spend hours writing your to-do list and constantly having more and more added to your plate as a teacher...then you more than likely could use some help from one of my favorite tools for reducing stress - (drum roll please) - AUTOMATION. I get a lot of questions from teachers about how to handle job creep, never having enough time, and always feeling a little behind...look, I don't know why no one is talking about it but automation pretty much changed my life. I use automated systems in my teaching career, personal life, and even at home (which sounds robotic but it's not!)
I will tell anyone who listens to me that automation saved my sanity and gave me back the time I needed to spend on my students and living my life. Here's the thing, there are tons of automation tools out there but if you just plug and play random things without intention or purpose, it's just going to be another thing on your list of to-do's. That's why in this episode, we are going to talk about how being spread too thin can impact students and teachers alike, automation as a tool to fix this, and then the five simple ways you can incorporate automation in your classroom today.
- The importance of automation in achieving work-life balance and sustainability in teaching.
- Job creep, the constant addition of tasks to a teacher's workload, can be detrimental to their well-being and productivity.
- When teachers are spread too thin, the quality of work suffers, which can negatively impact students.
- Automation can help streamline repetitive tasks and prioritize responsibilities, giving teachers more time and energy to focus on what matters.
- Automation tools can be thought of as personal teacher assistants and do not necessarily require technology.
- Five simple ways to incorporate automation in the classrooms today.
- Automation is not a replacement for human teachers.
- How to avoid Automation adding more to the list of to-do's
- Utilizing an automation system where multiple things work together has the best return on investment
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THE EPISODE:
- Missing Assignment Google Form to Automatic Email Template - Your Go-To for Teacher Communication Simplification is in this Google Form to Automatic E-mail Guide
- FREE Parent Communication Documentation Form
- Join the Waitlist for Automate Your Classroom Course - Learn the step-by-step roadmap TO creating a sustainable teacher task simplification and automation system to beat burnout, squash stress, get back YOUR time, and sustain your career in education
- Take the FREE Teacher Burnout Roadmap to Burnout Recovery Quiz - Take this short, fun, and informative quiz to discover what you need to sustain your teaching career and begin burnout recovery. This quiz will help you understand what support systems you need, how to prioritize your mental health to live a fulfilling and energized life as a teacher, and what drives your self-care.
- Science-Backed Mental Wellness products for stress resilience, mood, motivation, & energy
- Get accessible mental health support from licensed professionals online with Talk Space (They take insurance) - Save $100 with Code SPACE
- The Ultimate Teacher Guide to Reducing Decision Fatigue FREEBIE
- Get the AI for Teachers E-Book provides step by step instructions, strategies and real world examples of how other teachers are making their classrooms easier to manage with artificial intelligence.
CONNECT WITH BRITTANY:
- Connect with Brittany on Instagram @teachingmindbodyandsoul
- Learn more on TikTok with Brittany @msprincessteach
- Episode 41: Sustainability Secrets: Overcoming Stress Responses in the Classroom
- Episode 42: Teach Smarter, Not Harder: Achieving Sustainability without Sacrificing Your Life [SUSTAINABILITY SERIES]
- Episode 43: Teacher Burnout Busting Systems: 3 Steps to Creating a Personalized Lesson Planning System with Sara Marye [SUSTAINABILITY SERIES]
- Episode 44: The Battle Against Teacher Burnout: The Ultimate Strategies for Managing Job Creep in Education [SUSTAINABILITY SERIES]
MORE ABOUT THE RESILIENT TEACHER PODCAST:
The Resilient Teacher Podcast is the show that will give overwhelmed educators the support, tools, and mindset to reduce teacher burnout and keep teaching sustainable. Each week, Brittany Blackwell, M.Ed. & her guests will share inspiration and actionable steps to avoid or recover from the dreaded teacher burnout. You'll be inspired to individualize self-care and learn to prioritize your well-being and mental health, all while making a bigger impact on your classrooms and community.
SUBSCRIBE & REVIEW ON ITUNES:
Are you subscribed to the podcast? If not, I encourage you to do that NOW so you never miss another episode! New episodes are added every Tuesday, and if you're not subscribed there's a good chance you might miss out on notifications that a new episode has gone live. Click here to subscribe on iTunes!
And if you are feeling extra amazing, I would be super grateful if you would leave a review on iTunes, too! Those reviews help other educators who are burned out and needing support find the podcast, and I love shouting you out on the Community Reviewer of the Week Segment! Just click here to review, select "Ratings & Reviews" and "Write a Review" and share what you are loving about the podcast!
Some links on this page are affiliate links. This helps to support this podcast at no additional cost to you.
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.