Teacher Burnout Busting Systems: 3 Steps to Creating a Personalized Lesson Planning System with Sara Marye [SUSTAINABILITY SERIES]Mar 14, 2023
Sustainable Teaching: The Importance of Systems in Preventing Burnout
Do you feel like you're constantly racing against the clock as a teacher? Are you sacrificing your personal life for the demands of the job? Teacher burnout is a real issue, but it doesn't have to be the norm. In fact, there are simple and effective systems you can implement to reduce stress and make teaching a sustainable career.
Why Creating a Personalized Lesson Planning System will Save You Time & Sanity
In the third episode of The Sustainability Series, we're joined by Sara Marye, a former teacher, principal, and business owner, who shares her personal journey with burnout and the lessons she's learned along the way. We'll explore the number one thing teachers say they don't have enough of (spoiler alert: it's time!) and how you can reduce the amount of time you spend on lesson planning without sacrificing quality.
Sara Marye has over a decade of experience working as a classroom teacher and school administrator. She is now CEO of The Stellar Teacher Company and a literacy specialist passionate about helping elementary teachers around the world grow their students into lifelong readers. Sara's mission is to make teachers' lives a little easier by providing them with endless encouragement, effective strategies, and engaging no-fluff resources. Sara is also the host of the Stellar Teacher Podcast, where she loves to share her favorite literacy tips each week!
- Resilient Teacher Shoutout
- Sustainable Teaching Starts with Systems
- Sara's Burnout Journey: As a teacher, principal, and then in business
- The number one thing teachers say they don't have enough of: TIME
- How to reduce the amount of time we spend on lesson planning
- Three mindset shifts for reducing the time you spend lesson planning
- Shifting the mindset around "If I don't spend the time, what I produce won't be quality"
- The three steps to creating a personalized and simplified lesson planning system
- How Your environment may affect your efficiency
- How to Incorporate easy-to-plan systems for different parts of the instructional day
- How routines can simplify your lesson planning
- How to seek support to enhance teaching skills and confidence
- Learn more about Sara's Small Group Planning Freebie & the 4 T's
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THE EPISODE:
- Join the Waitlist for Automate Your Classroom Course - Learn the step-by-step roadmap TO creating a sustainable teacher task simplification and automation system to beat burnout, squash stress, get back YOUR time, and sustain your career in education
- Sara's Small Group Planning & the 4 T Model FREEBIE
- Atomic Habits by James Clear
- Get accessible mental health support from licensed professionals online with Talk Space (They take insurance) - Save $100 with Code SPACE
CONNECT WITH SARA MARYE:
- Instagram: @thestellarteachercompany
- Website: stellarteacher.com
- Podcast: The Stellar Teacher Podcast
CONNECT WITH BRITTANY:
- Connect with Brittany on Instagram @teachingmindbodyandsoul
- Learn more on TikTok with Brittany @msprincessteach
- Episode 42: Teach Smarter, Not Harder: Achieving Sustainability without Sacrificing Your Life [SUSTAINABILITY SERIES]
- Episode 41: Sustainability Secrets: Overcoming Stress Responses in the Classroom [SUSTAINABILITY SERIES]
- Episode 17: 3 Simple Steps to Managing Your Limited Teacher Planning Time & Reduce Stress with Special Guest Stephanie Palovchik (Ep. 17)
- Episode 11: The Ultimate Teacher Time Hacks for Burnout Prevention with Jen Manly
MORE ABOUT THE RESILIENT TEACHER PODCAST:
The Resilient Teacher Podcast is the show that will give overwhelmed educators the support, tools, and mindset to reduce teacher burnout and keep teaching sustainable. Each week, Brittany Blackwell, M.Ed. & her guests will share inspiration and actionable steps to avoid or recover from the dreaded teacher burnout. You'll be inspired to individualize self-care and learn to prioritize your well-being and mental health, all while making a bigger impact on your classrooms and community.
SUBSCRIBE & REVIEW ON ITUNES:
Are you subscribed to the podcast? If not, I encourage you to do that NOW so you never miss another episode! New episodes are added every Tuesday, and if you're not subscribed there's a good chance you might miss out on notifications that a new episode has gone live. Click here to subscribe on iTunes!
And if you are feeling extra amazing, I would be super grateful if you would leave a review on iTunes, too! Those reviews help other educators who are burned out and needing support find the podcast, and I love shouting you out on the Community Reviewer of the Week Segment! Just click here to review, select "Ratings & Reviews" and "Write a Review" and share what you are loving about the podcast!
Some links on this page are affiliate links. This helps to support this podcast at no additional cost to you.
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.