Teacher Pep Talk: Slay the Sunday Scaries (Ep. 36)Jan 24, 2023
Have you ever spent your Sunday freaking out about your week ahead? Scrambling to finish last minute lesson plans or meal plan for the week ahead? Ruminating about all the what if's?
Did you know that literally 80% of professionals experience the Sunday Scaries, according to a LinkedIn survey. That number is astronomical but does not even account for the educational professionals who experience this, which is probably closer to like 95%.
Don't worry, I'm not here to tell you that the Sunday Scaries aren't real or that you just have to "stop worrying" (I always hate it when people say that like it's an intellectual decision). I'm here to tell you that I have been there, I've done that, and I'm sharing in this episode a story that I've never shared anywhere else online before. I am, however, here to share with you it's possible to transform your fears and reclaim your weekends. So are you ready to slay those Sunday Scaries?
These pep talk style episodes are my attempt to create a more authentic way for you to connect with me, for you to feel like you have support on your hardest days (even if and ESPECIALLY if you don't have that in your community or schools). I also created this style in an effort to show you that you are not alone. We are in this together and YOU ARE a RESILIENT TEACHER!
- Teacher Community Shout Out of the Week
- The Scariest Sunday I've Ever Experienced
- A personal story I've never shared anywhere else
- Proof that transformation is possible
- What are the Sunday Scaries?
- The Fears that Lead to Sunday Scaries
- The fear of not being prepared/overwhelmed
- The fear of failure
- The fear of not being "enough"
- 3 Ways to Reclaim Your Weekends and Squash the Stress
- How to Make Self-Care Sundays sustainable for your week ahead
- Why Monday Motivation & Rituals are PURE GOLD🌟
- The Power of Personal Plan & Prep Meetings
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THE EPISODE:
- Headspace - The everyday app for feeling better. Meditation and mindfulness for any mind, any mood, any goal
- Get on the Waitlist for Sustain & Simplify with EduCare Systems where you will learn how to simplify teacher tasks and create automations so that you can reduce time wasting tasks, set it and forget it, and have the time to do the things you actually want to do in teaching
- Science-Backed Mental Wellness products for stress resilience, mood, motivation, & energy
- The Ultimate Teacher Guide to Reducing Decision Fatigue
- The Individualized EduCare Program - the ultimate roadmap to teacher resilience while building a sustainable and individualized self-care plan so you can stop burning out and start living a balanced life with authenticity.
- Watch the FREE "Balance before Burnout: Work/Life Balance Audit" Mini-workshop
- The Ultimate Teacher Digital Planner
- FREE Affirmations for Burned Out Teachers Workbook
CONNECT WITH BRITTANY:
- Connect with Brittany on Instagram @teachingmindbodyandsoul
- Learn more on TikTok with Brittany @msprincessteach
- Connect with The Resilient Teacher Community - FREE on Facebook
- Episode 18: Teacher Pep Talk For Dealing with Unrealistic Expectations and Feeling Like It's Never "Enough"
- Episode 14: Teacher Pep Talk: For When You’re Doubting Yourself and Letting Limiting Beliefs Keep You Stuck
- Episode 28: The Truth About Teacher Work-Life Balance
- Episode 16: TEACHER PEP TALK: “Quiet Quitting” For When You are Struggling with Setting Authentic Boundaries
- Episode 24: Avoiding Perfectionism So You Can Save Your Teaching Career
MORE ABOUT THE RESILIENT TEACHER PODCAST:
The Resilient Teacher Podcast is the show that will give overwhelmed educators the support, tools, and mindset to reduce teacher burnout and keep teaching sustainable. Each week, Brittany Blackwell, M.Ed. & her guests will share inspiration and actionable steps to avoid or recover from the dreaded teacher burnout. You'll be inspired to individualize self-care and learn to prioritize your well-being and mental health, all while making a bigger impact on your classrooms and community.
SUBSCRIBE & REVIEW ON ITUNES:
Are you subscribed to the podcast? If not, I encourage you to do that NOW so you never miss another episode! New episodes are added every Tuesday, and if you're not subscribed there's a good chance you might miss out on notifications that a new episode has gone live. Click here to subscribe on iTunes!
And if you are feeling extra amazing, I would be super grateful if you would leave a review on iTunes, too! Those reviews help other educators who are burned out and needing support find the podcast, and I love shouting you out on the Community Reviewer of the Week Segment! Just click here to review, select "Ratings & Reviews" and "Write a Review" and share what you are loving about the podcast!
Some links on this page are affiliate links. This helps to support this podcast at no additional cost to you.
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.