Reclaiming Passion for Teaching in the Midst of Burnout & Breakdown with Chad Pettit (Ep. 25)Nov 08, 2022
Being in the throws of teacher burnout and mental breakdown can have you feeling alone. Like you're on a hamster wheel of stress and anxiety. Exhaustion. Like it's just not worth it to continue in this field any more regardless of how much you love it. Teachers lose their identity to fit the mold of a "perfect" teacher. But what if there was a way to reignite and reclaim that passion?
In this episode, we are talking with Chad Pettit who is one of the "popular kids" on Teacher Tiktok, as he get vulnerable with us in this interview how he dealt with a complete mental breakdown during his road to "fame", reclaimed his passion for teaching, and shares with us how other teachers can reclaim their passion as well to sustain their careers in education.
Chad Pettit is a high school English teacher and teacher consultant for the Central Texas Writing Project. He's passionate about education and helping teachers avoid burnout by coaching them through effective pedagogical strategies and encouraging them to reclaim their passion. He's published author and poet, and he has a master's degree in rhetoric and composition.
- Resilient Teacher Shoutout
- Chad's Tiktok Road to Fame & Mental Breakdown
- What does reigniting passion look like?
- 3 Simple Steps to Take Towards Reclaiming Your Passion
- Chad's unique perspective on "getting it all done" and "time management" for teachers
- Chad's go-to way to boost his mood & care for himself
- How we can keep high-quality educators in the field long-term
- Chad's biggest advice for teachers who are struggling to prioritize themselves & make the change needed
- Connecting with Chad further & reclaiming education
- The true path to reclaiming your passion is in this one essential process
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THE EPISODE:
- Get accessible mental health support from licensed professionals online with Talk Space (They take insurance) - Save $100 with Code SPACE
- Education Reclaimed Podcast with Chad Pettit and Brett Colley
- Register for FREE for the Break The Burnout Cycle LIVE Webinar - Get started regulating your nervous system, embracing your authenticity, and sustaining your career in education with this 6 step approach to Surviving & Thriving.
- Get on the Individualized EduCare Program Waitlist: the ultimate roadmap to teacher resilience while diving into self-awareness, accountability, and developing a sustainable and unique recovery plan so you can stop burning out and start living a balanced life with authenticity.
CONNECT WITH CAITLIN PEAY SMITH:
CONNECT WITH BRITTANY:
- Connect with Brittany on Instagram @teachingmindbodyandsoul
- Learn more on TikTok with Brittany @msprincessteach
- Episode 23: Feeding Your Energy Inside & Outside of the Classroom with Bre Baildon
- Episode 21: Challenging Teacher Burnout and The "Good" Teacher Narrative with Special Guest Caitlin Peay Smith
- Episode 19: Transforming Teacher Burnout Mess to an Inspiring Teacher Burnout Message with Self-Care with Rachel Lenhart
- Episode 11: The Ultimate Teacher Time Hacks for Burnout Prevention with Jen Manly
MORE ABOUT THE RESILIENT TEACHER PODCAST:
The Resilient Teacher Podcast is the show that will give overwhelmed educators the support, tools, and mindset to reduce teacher burnout and keep teaching sustainable. Each week, Brittany Blackwell, M.Ed. & her guests will share inspiration and actionable steps to avoid or recover from the dreaded teacher burnout. You'll be inspired to individualize self-care and learn to prioritize your well-being and mental health, all while making a bigger impact on your classrooms and community.
SUBSCRIBE & REVIEW ON ITUNES:
Are you subscribed to the podcast? If not, I encourage you to do that NOW so you never miss another episode! New episodes are added every Tuesday, and if you're not subscribed there's a good chance you might miss out on notifications that a new episode has gone live. Click here to subscribe on iTunes!
And if you are feeling extra amazing, I would be super grateful if you would leave a review on iTunes, too! Those reviews help other educators who are burned out and needing support find the podcast, and I love shouting you out on the Community Reviewer of the Week Segment! Just click here to review, select "Ratings & Reviews" and "Write a Review" and share what you are loving about the podcast!
Some links on this page are affiliate links. This helps to support this podcast at no additional cost to you.
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.