Teacher Pep Talk: For You to Avoid Perfectionism So You Can Save Your Teaching Career (Ep. 24)Nov 01, 2022
We need to have a little chat about teacher perfectionism. Though many teachers will unapologetically announce to you that they are a "perfectionist," this is a slippery slope that can lead you on the fast track to burnout. This personality trait is not necessarily something you should be proud of but rather something that can lead you to resenting your career and heading for LinkedIn.
Here's the thing. It does not have to be that way. Striving and perfectionism are not the same thing and in this episode, I am going to share with you a little bit about the post that inspired this episode, give you some tips and strategies to avoiding perfectionism so you can save your career, and then bring that motivation you need to start turning this idea around!
These pep talk style episodes are my attempt to create a more authentic way for you to connect with me, for you to feel like you have support on your hardest days (even if and ESPECIALLY if you don't have that in your community or schools). I also created this style in an effort to show you that you are not alone. We are in this together and YOU ARE a RESILIENT TEACHER!
- Teacher Community Shout Out of the Week
- The post that inspired me to talk about perfectionism
- Thoughts I had When Dealing with Teacher Perfectionism
- The Dangers of Teacher Perfectionism
- The Difference Between Striving and Perfectionism
- Signs You Might Be a Teacher Perfectionist
- 4 simple ways to begin recovering from perfectionism
- Motivation to start making the change now so you can save your career
- Mantras to remind and keep you in check
- The true path to teacher resilience
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THE EPISODE:
- The Individualized EduCare Program - GET ON THE WAITLIST for the ultimate roadmap to teacher resilience while building a sustainable and individualized self-care plan so you can stop burning out and start living a balanced life with authenticity.
- Science-Backed Mental Wellness products for stress resilience, mood, motivation, & energy
- Get accessible mental health support from licensed professionals online with Talk Space (They take insurance) - Save $100 with Code SPACE
- 99Math - A FREE Resource to Help You Simplify Your Teacher Tasks and Reinforce Math Fluency
@msprincessteach Teacher friend, you know you needed this reminder so Go ahead and bookmark this for later! I talk more about & bring you a pep talk on teacher perfectionism and procrastination in Ep. 24 of The Resilient Teacher P🅾️dcast or learn more: @msprincessteach #teachermotivation #teacherpeptalk #teachersupport #teacherburnout #teachermentalhealth #teacherquotes ♬ original sound - Brittany• Teacher Burnout Tips
- Watch the FREE "Balance before Burnout: Work/Life Balance Audit" Mini-workshop
- The Ultimate Teacher Digital Planner
- FREE Affirmations for Burned Out Teachers Workbook
CONNECT WITH BRITTANY:
- Connect with Brittany on Instagram @teachingmindbodyandsoul
- Learn more on TikTok with Brittany @msprincessteach
- Connect with The Resilient Teacher Community - FREE on Facebook
- Episode 18: Teacher Pep Talk For Dealing with Unrealistic Expectations and Feeling Like It's Never "Enough"
- Episode 14: Teacher Pep Talk: For When You’re Doubting Yourself and Letting Limiting Beliefs Keep You Stuck
- Episode 10: TEACHER PEP TALK: For When You're Overwhelmed and Dropping the Ball
- Episode 16: TEACHER PEP TALK: “Quiet Quitting” For When You are Struggling with Setting Authentic Boundaries
MORE ABOUT THE RESILIENT TEACHER PODCAST:
The Resilient Teacher Podcast is the show that will give overwhelmed educators the support, tools, and mindset to reduce teacher burnout and keep teaching sustainable. Each week, Brittany Blackwell, M.Ed. & her guests will share inspiration and actionable steps to avoid or recover from the dreaded teacher burnout. You'll be inspired to individualize self-care and learn to prioritize your well-being and mental health, all while making a bigger impact on your classrooms and community.
SUBSCRIBE & REVIEW ON ITUNES:
Are you subscribed to the podcast? If not, I encourage you to do that NOW so you never miss another episode! New episodes are added every Tuesday, and if you're not subscribed there's a good chance you might miss out on notifications that a new episode has gone live. Click here to subscribe on iTunes!
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.