Transforming Teacher Burnout Mess to an Inspiring Teacher Burnout Message with Self-Care with Rachel Lenhart (Ep. 19)Sep 27, 2022
If you are a teacher who wondered if you were alone feeling burned out, let me assure you that...YOU ARE NOT ALONE. Thousands of educators struggle with the mess of burnout, but educators like me and my special guest today, we transformed our burnout mess into a burnout message. In this episode, Rachel Lenhart and I discuss the number one thing that evolves educators from burnout to balance, the importance of educator self-care, practical burnout prevention with Rachel's NEWStrategies, bite-sized practices you can implement to take care of you, and our discussion on teachers leaving the classroom. Rachel and I were fast friends, and I think you're going to love her perspectives!
Rachel Lenhart, who you may know as @chalkfulloflife, is a veteran educator of 20 years. She burned myself completely out, not once, but twice. She decided to turn my mess into her mission and help other teachers avoid making the same mistakes she did. She now teaches teachers how to live their BEST LIFE both in and out of the classroom.
- Resilient Teacher Shoutout
- Rachel's Burnout Mess to Burnout Message Story
- The Number ONE thing that transforms burned out teachers that no one is talking about (11:01)
- The Importance of Educator Self-Care (13:40)
- Self-Care for Burnout Prevention with best NEWStrategies (14:53)
- How to Create Time for Self-Care in a Busy Schedule (18:25)
- 3 Bite-Sized Self-Care for Busy Teachers (21:24)
- What can be done to keep teachers in the field? (14:35)
- Self-Care & Work-Life Balance Basics (32:24)
- Recommended Books from Rachel (34:20)
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THE EPISODE:
- Save $100 on your first month of online mental health support from licensed professionals at TalkSpace with code SPACE
- Untamed By Glennon Doyle
- The Energy Bus by Jon Gordan
- PopPD.co - Check Rachel and I out on the PopPD Tiktok
- Rachel's Free Teacher Energy & Time Score Card
- Join The Resilient Teacher Podcast Community for FREE HERE so we can get support community style!
CONNECT WITH RACHEL LENHART:
- Instagram: @CHALKFULLOFLIFE
- Tiktok: @chalkfulloflife
- Website: chalkfulloflife.com
- Chalk Full of Life Podcast
CONNECT WITH BRITTANY:
- Connect with Brittany on Instagram @teachingmindbodyandsoul
- Learn more on TikTok with Brittany @msprincessteach
- Episode 11: The Ultimate Teacher Time Hacks for Burnout Prevention with Jen Manly
- Episode 7: How to Battle Student Behavior and Beat Teacher Burnout this Coming School Year with Gina Peluso and Rachel Nye
- Episode 4: The 5 Must Have Methods for Teachers To End the Stress Cycle this Summer
- Episode 14: Teacher Pep Talk: For When You’re Doubting Yourself and Letting Limiting Beliefs Keep You Stuck
MORE ABOUT THE RESILIENT TEACHER PODCAST:
The Resilient Teacher Podcast is the show that will give overwhelmed educators the support, tools, and mindset to reduce teacher burnout and keep teaching sustainable. Each week, Brittany Blackwell, M.Ed. & her guests will share inspiration and actionable steps to avoid or recover from the dreaded teacher burnout. You'll be inspired to individualize self-care and learn to prioritize your well-being and mental health, all while making a bigger impact on your classrooms and community.
Some links on this page are affiliate links. This helps to support this podcast at no additional cost to you.
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.