The Ultimate Teacher Time Hacks for Burnout Prevention with Jen Manly (Ep. 11)Aug 16, 2022
Teacher Burnout Prevention is one of the most talked about topics in my DMs at the moment. We talked in previous episodes about how important it is for teachers to simplify their workload so they are able to achieve work-life balance and reduce stress. Not to mention, time is one of the things teachers never have enough of, which is why I invited Jen Manly to the podcast to share her GOLDEN NUGGETS of tips for teachers!
Jen is passionate about helping teachers maximize their planning time to make time for what is most important. Jen is a former high school and middle school computer science teacher, a skilled facilitator, and has presented to thousands of educators at the local, state, and national levels, including at ISTE, CSTA, Project Lead the Way Summit, and ITEEA. She is a Certified Agile Leader K–12 Trainer, The Agile Educator Guide coauthor, and a 2018 ITEEA Teacher Excellence awardee. She received a 2021 National CS Teaching Excellence Honorable Mention and served as a curriculum writer for Code.org's AP CS A curriculum.
- Jen's Experience and How she Got Started Helping Educators
- The BIGGEST Tip for Only Working Your Contract Hours
- When is it okay to work outside of your contract hours?
- How multi-tasking is impacting your teacher productivity
- What is task switching and how it leads to more time spent outside of contract hours
- The Ultimate Time Sucks of Teaching
- The Number One Thing Impacting the Teacher People Pleaser
- Using Boundaries to Best Serve Students
- The Power of the 24 Hour Rule and How to Use It
- How to Protect Your Time During Contract Hours
- Teacher Time Hacks for Work-Life Balance
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THE EPISODE:
CONNECT WITH JEN MANLY:
- Instagram: @strategicclassroom
- Tiktok: @strategicclassroom
- E-mail: [email protected]
- Website: jennifermanly.com
CONNECT WITH BRITTANY:
- Learn more on TikTok with Brittany @msprincessteach
- The Second Episode in the Summer Self-Care for Burnout Recovery Series: The 5 Must Have Methods for Teachers To End the Stress Cycle this Summer
Episode 8: How to Gain Better Work-Life Balance This School Year
- Episode 9: Four Must Have Ways to Make Back to School Season Stress Free
MORE ABOUT THE RESILIENT TEACHER PODCAST:
The Resilient Teacher Podcast is the show that will give overwhelmed educators the support, tools, and mindset to reduce teacher burnout and keep teaching sustainable. Each week, Brittany Blackwell, M.Ed. & her guests will share inspiration and actionable steps to avoid or recover from the dreaded teacher burnout. You'll be inspired to individualize self-care and learn to prioritize your well-being and mental health, all while making a bigger impact on your classrooms and community.
Some links on this page are affiliate links. This helps to support this podcast at no additional cost to you.
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.