Boundary-Setting for Educators: Protecting Your Peace from Teacher Drama and Workplace Negativity (EP. 40)Feb 21, 2023
Is negativity impacting your teacher burnout?
Have you ever been around a colleague who is constantly negative? Maybe someone who talked negatively about others around them, was spreading gossip, or just never stopped complaining long enough to look for a solution to a problem? As if teaching isn't hard enough as it is, dealing with constant negativity or workplace drama is a real vibe killer. So how do you want to navigate this negativity?
By creating and enforcing authentic teacher boundaries, you can protect yourself from workplace negativity and drama.
Here on The Resilient Teacher Podcast, we are all about authenticity. So instead of giving you some generic boundaries that might not be your style or what you need, we're going to talk about how to activate your self-awareness and use it as a tool to building boundaries that will support you long-term.
- Quick Announcement: New Series coming soon!
- How toxicity and negativity show up for us as educators
- How this has shown up recently for me
- What our triggers in the workplace indicate for teacher wellness
- The emotions that signal the need for teacher boundaries
- The importance of self-awareness in boundary setting
- 5 Questions You can Reflect on for authentic boundary setting
- The ICE method to set boundaries
- How to navigate setting boundaries even when we are worried about what someone else will think or feel when we do
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THE EPISODE:
- Beat Burnout with Boundaries Mini-Course on PopPD
- The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz
- Get accessible mental health support from licensed professionals online with Talk Space (They take insurance) - Save $100 with Code SPACE
- Watch the FREE "Balance before Burnout: Work/Life Balance Audit" Mini-workshop
- The Ultimate Teacher Guide to Reducing Decision Fatigue FREEBIE
- Get the AI for Teachers E-Book provides step by step instructions, strategies and real world examples of how other teachers are making their classrooms easier to manage with artificial intelligence.
- Automate Your Classroom - Learn the step-by-step roadmap TO creating a sustainable teacher task simplification and autoation system to beat burnout, squash stress, get back YOUR time, and sustain your career in education
- The Individualized EduCare Program - the ultimate roadmap to teacher resilience while building a sustainable and individualized burnout recovery plan so you can stop burning out and start living a balanced life with authenticity.
CONNECT WITH BRITTANY:
- Connect with Brittany on Instagram @teachingmindbodyandsoul
- Learn more on TikTok with Brittany @msprincessteach
- Episode 15: From Teacher Burnout to Boundaries with Special Guest Spencer Cotter
- Episode 34: Boost Your Energy and Focus: 3 Tips for Reducing Teacher Decision Fatigue
- Episode 28: Teacher Pep Talk: The Ugly Truth About Teacher Work-Life Balance
- Episode 17: 3 Simple Steps to Managing Your Limited Teacher Planning Time & Reduce Stress with Special Guest Stephanie Palovchik
MORE ABOUT THE RESILIENT TEACHER PODCAST:
The Resilient Teacher Podcast is the show that will give overwhelmed educators the support, tools, and mindset to reduce teacher burnout and keep teaching sustainable. Each week, Brittany Blackwell, M.Ed. & her guests will share inspiration and actionable steps to avoid or recover from the dreaded teacher burnout. You'll be inspired to individualize self-care and learn to prioritize your well-being and mental health, all while making a bigger impact on your classrooms and community.
SUBSCRIBE & REVIEW ON ITUNES:
Are you subscribed to the podcast? If not, I encourage you to do that NOW so you never miss another episode! New episodes are added every Tuesday, and if you're not subscribed there's a good chance you might miss out on notifications that a new episode has gone live. Click here to subscribe on iTunes!
And if you are feeling extra amazing, I would be super grateful if you would leave a review on iTunes, too! Those reviews help other educators who are burned out and needing support find the podcast, and I love shouting you out on the Community Reviewer of the Week Segment! Just click here to review, select "Ratings & Reviews" and "Write a Review" and share what you are loving about the podcast!
Some links on this page are affiliate links. This helps to support this podcast at no additional cost to you.
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.