66. The Magic of Mindset to Avoid Back to School BurnoutAug 08, 2023
Have you ever sat down and had the thought how do some teachers not burnout? How do they seem to get everything to go their way? Why do they get the best classes and live a great life? And what do they have that I don't?
I know that I have. If you're feeling that way, the number one thing that those teachers have that you don't is a fine-tuned mindset. With back to school season upon us, I'm here to let you know that just because you don't have the mindset right now, doesn't mean it's a lost cause!
In this episode, we will discuss the science behind changing your mindset and bring you actionable tips to making this year a burnout-proof back to school season with 3 powerful mindset hacks.
- The two different types of teachers during back-to-school season: Stressed vs. Excited teachers.
- The role of mindset in shaping the back-to-school experience and overall well-being.
- Understanding the Reticular Activating System (RAS) and its influence on changing your teacher burnout mindset
- How to train and upgrade the RAS for more positive experiences and outcomes.
- The emotional rollercoaster of going back to school and dealing with various emotions.
- 3 Practical Mindset Shifts to manifest a burnout-free school year
- The importance of clarity and solution-focused thinking in achieving burnout-proof back-to-school seasons.
- The power of gratitude in rewiring the brain and promoting a positive outlook on life.
- Using positive affirmations to reinforce a growth mindset and enhance personal growth
- Understanding the science behind mindset shifts and how they impact overall well-being.
- The significance of awareness in recognizing and changing negative belief systems.
- How to create authentic teacher affirmations for personal empowerment.
- The connection between mindset and success in teaching and life.
- Taking action to program the brain for success and positive experiences.
- Embracing stress and burnout as insights into our subconscious belief systems.
- The challenge of actively programming the brain to achieve desired outcomes.
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THE EPISODE:
- Take the Roadmap to Burnout Recovery Quiz to get your personalized roadmap to recovery
- Science-Backed Mental Wellness products for stress resilience, mood, motivation, & energy
- Get accessible mental health support from licensed professionals online with Talk Space (They take insurance) - Save $100 with Code SPACE
CONNECT WITH BRITTANY:
- Connect with Brittany on Instagram @teachingmindbodyandsoul
- Learn more on TikTok with Brittany @msprincessteach
- Episode 4: The FIVE Must Have Methods to End the Stress Cycle
- Episode 13: 3 Powerful Tips for Burned Out Teachers to Manage the Beginning of the School Year Stress Cycle
- Episode 6: The Game Changing Method of Healing Burnout with Inner Work with Ce'arra Richards
MORE ABOUT THE RESILIENT TEACHER PODCAST:
The Resilient Teacher Podcast is the show that will give overwhelmed educators the support, tools, and mindset to reduce teacher burnout and keep teaching sustainable. Each week, Brittany Blackwell, M.Ed. & her guests will share inspiration and actionable steps to avoid or recover from the dreaded teacher burnout. You'll be inspired to individualize self-care and learn to prioritize your well-being and mental health, all while making a bigger impact on your classrooms and community.
SUBSCRIBE & REVIEW ON ITUNES:
Are you subscribed to the podcast? If not, I encourage you to do that NOW so you never miss another episode! New episodes are added every Tuesday, and if you're not subscribed there's a good chance you might miss out on notifications that a new episode has gone live. Click here to subscribe on iTunes!
And if you are feeling extra amazing, I would be super grateful if you would leave a review on iTunes, too! Those reviews help other educators who are burned out and needing support find the podcast, and I love shouting you out on the Community Reviewer of the Week Segment! Just click here to review, select "Ratings & Reviews" and "Write a Review" and share what you are loving about the podcast!
Some links on this page are affiliate links. This helps to support this podcast at no additional cost to you.
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.