61. Tapping into Joyful Living Inside & Outside of the Classroom: Strategies for Teacher Happiness with Special Guest Maddy FryJul 11, 2023
Reclaiming Joy Amongst Burnout: Empowering Teachers to Rediscover Happiness in the Classroom
When you feel overwhelmed, stressed to the max, and just to the point of no return in burnout, joy is probably the furthest thing from your mind. But what if I told you reclaiming joy is the key to breaking free from this burnout trap.
Now, I get it. You might be thinking, "Here comes another dose of toxic positivity, brushing off my struggles." But hold on a second. Reclaiming joy is not about slapping on a fake smile or pretending that everything is rainbows and unicorns. It's about recognizing the immense challenges you face as a teacher and still finding moments of genuine happiness because YOU DESERVE IT.
Strategies for Teacher Well-being: Cultivating Joy and Overcoming Burnout
That's why in this episode we chat with Maddy Fry, as she shares her insights into finding joy even during those really crappy seasons, finding motivation when life gives you lemons, the power of summer for achieving your goals, and why community is the key for fostering joy.
Maddy Fry is a Joyful Living coach & mentor who works with women and female entrepreneurs to grow their mindsets so they can live a joyful life that they are obsessed with. Maddy believes that when you make small, intentional changes in life, you will see greater results than trying to make the big leaps all at once. She has worked as a Joyful Living mentor for two years and one-on-one with business owners and budding entrepreneurs for over a year. Maddy has helped hundreds of women take the action needed in order to live a joyful life of intention and purpose through her podcast and online presence as @LivingnSunshine on Instagram.
- How to Live Joyfully Even When Experiencing Burnout
- Letting Go of Expectations: Breaking free from others' expectations and discovering the freedom to pursue joy.
- Finding Joy in Daily Life: Tips for teachers to find joy and let go of expectations during busy and challenging seasons.
- Prioritizing Joy: Making space in your daily schedule for activities that bring you joy, even during busy times.
- Swapping Habits for Joy: Replacing unfulfilling habits with joyful activities to create a more satisfying daily life.
- Small Changes, Big Impact: Understanding the power of small daily deposits of joy and how they can transform your life.
- The importance of summer for working on personal goals (0:13:13)
- Cultivating Motivation: Harnessing motivation through discipline, celebrating successes, and aligning with personal love languages.
- Maintaining motivation throughout the school year (0:20:22)
- Building Community for Joy: Exploring the significance of community in fostering a joyful life and practical steps to build a supportive community.
- All About Maddy's Session at the Summer Self-Care Conference
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THE EPISODE:
- Grab your FREE ticket to the 2023 Summer Self-Care Conference coming July 21-23rd, 2023 & Learn more from Maddy in her session. The Summer Self-Care Conference is a FREE LIVE virtual conference for educators to beat burnout, work smarter (not harder), and live their best lives in and out of the classroom with over 20+ teacher expert presenters, giveaways, prizes, and SO MUCH MORE
"Why Community is Crucial for Living a Joyful Life" | Maddy Fry
4:00-4:30 - Q&A in the Facebook Group
As a teacher, you are constantly surrounded by other people, both big and small. But are you actually connecting and creating a true community around you? Humans are social creatures on a biological level and must have a community around them to feel seen, supported, and encouraged to live a joyful life. In this 30-minute workshop, you are going to be learning not only the importance of creating and being a part of a larger community but also how to create a community you thrive in! If you are ready to feel more deeply connected to a community and live more joyfully, be sure to join this summer self-care session!
CONNECT WITH MADDY FRY:
CONNECT WITH BRITTANY:
- Connect with Brittany on Instagram @teachingmindbodyandsoul
- Learn more on TikTok with Brittany @msprincessteach
- Episode 59: Breathing Life into Education: The Power of Breathwork in Reducing Stress & Teacher Burnout with Dr. Katie Raher
- Episode 55: Why Summer Break is the Best Time To Begin Teacher Burnout Recovery: The 3 Essential Steps to Using Summer to Break the Burnout Cycle
- Episode 56: 3 Ways to Stress Less Starting this Summer & Beat Burnout Next School Year
- Ep 3: Why Summer Break is Not Going to Get You Out of Teacher Burnout (Ep 3 - Summer Burnout Recovery Series)
- Ep 4: The 5 Must Have Methods for Teachers To End the Stress Cycle this Summer (Ep. 4 - Summer Burnout Recovery Series)
MORE ABOUT THE RESILIENT TEACHER PODCAST:
The Resilient Teacher Podcast is the show that will give overwhelmed educators the support, tools, and mindset to reduce teacher burnout and keep teaching sustainable. Each week, Brittany Blackwell, M.Ed. & her guests will share inspiration and actionable steps to avoid or recover from the dreaded teacher burnout. You'll be inspired to individualize self-care and learn to prioritize your well-being and mental health, all while making a bigger impact on your classrooms and community.
SUBSCRIBE & REVIEW ON ITUNES:
Are you subscribed to the podcast? If not, I encourage you to do that NOW so you never miss another episode! New episodes are added every Tuesday, and if you're not subscribed there's a good chance you might miss out on notifications that a new episode has gone live. Click here to subscribe on iTunes!
And if you are feeling extra amazing, I would be super grateful if you would leave a review on iTunes, too! Those reviews help other educators who are burned out and needing support find the podcast, and I love shouting you out on the Community Reviewer of the Week Segment! Just click here to review, select "Ratings & Reviews" and "Write a Review" and share what you are loving about the podcast!
Some links on this page are affiliate links. This helps to support this podcast at no additional cost to you.
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.