57. From Burnout to Business: How Starting a Side Hustle This Summer Can Reignite Passion for Teaching with Special Guest Christina WeltyJun 20, 2023
Are you ready to reignite your passion and let your creativity shine? It's time to share your amazing gifts with the world! And guess what? Summer is the perfect season to kickstart a side hustle and connect with fellow teachers.
When you're stuck in burnout, being creative can feel like a daunting task. The stress and overwhelm can hold you back from getting into that magical state of flow. But don't worry, I've got something exciting to share in this episode! Starting a side hustle this summer can actually help reignite your passion, unleash your creativity, and even bring in some extra cash for your financial well-being. Plus, I'll introduce you to my friend, Christina, who used her unique gifts to make a real impact on student achievement outside of her four walls of her classroom.
Christina Welty, an Education Consultant who works with schools and districts to tackle the biggest obstacles that hinder student success. But that's not all! Christina is also a pro at building marketing and sales funnels for education entrepreneurs. She knows exactly how to turn ideal client leads into high-paying customers, and she's so passionate about it that she guarantees you'll land three new high-ticket clients while working with her. And if you don't, she'll keep working with you for free until you do!
So, are you ready to embrace your creativity, share your gifts, and make a difference this summer? Tune in to this episode and get inspired by Christina's incredible journey. It's time to reignite your passion and embark on an exciting side hustle adventure!
- How Creativity & Flow Can Help Bust Teacher Burnout
- Sharing your gifts through a side hustle can help you overcome burnout challenges & stress
- The power of the side hustle
- Christina's Journey from Teacher to Administrator to Educational Consultant
- How Christina's mindset of Lesson Planning Helped Her build a business
- How Christina's passion led to her making over 6 figures as a business owner without paid advertising
- How creating marketing funnels can help you make money as a teacher using your creativity and teaching resources
- The first step a teacher who is considering building a business to beat burnout should do
- How giving your resources for free is hurting your self-confidence and self-care
- How Burnout Causes Imposter Syndrome and How Starting a Side Hustle this Summer can Help you Overcome this
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THE EPISODE:
- Grab Christina's $0 10 Strategies to Sell Out Your Education Service E-Book
- Brittany's Favorite Podcasts for Teachers Wanting to Start a Business:
- CEO Teacher Podcast with Kayse Morris
CONNECT WITH CHRISTINA WELTY:
CONNECT WITH BRITTANY:
- Connect with Brittany on Instagram @teachingmindbodyandsoul
- Learn more on TikTok with Brittany @msprincessteach
- Episode 52: Financial Self-Care for Teachers: Strategies to Reduce Stress and Change Your Money Mindset with Special Guest Emily Maretsky
- Episode 37: Reigniting Passion for Teaching with Student Engagement & Classroom Transformations with Special Guest Natalie Blackman
- Episode 55Why Summer Break is the Best Time To Begin Teacher Burnout Recovery: The 3 Essential Steps to Using Summer to Break the Burnout Cycle
- Episode 56: 3 Ways to Stress Less Starting this Summer & Beat Burnout Next School Year
MORE ABOUT THE RESILIENT TEACHER PODCAST:
The Resilient Teacher Podcast is the show that will give overwhelmed educators the support, tools, and mindset to reduce teacher burnout and keep teaching sustainable. Each week, Brittany Blackwell, M.Ed. & her guests will share inspiration and actionable steps to avoid or recover from the dreaded teacher burnout. You'll be inspired to individualize self-care and learn to prioritize your well-being and mental health, all while making a bigger impact on your classrooms and community.
SUBSCRIBE & REVIEW ON ITUNES:
Are you subscribed to the podcast? If not, I encourage you to do that NOW so you never miss another episode! New episodes are added every Tuesday, and if you're not subscribed there's a good chance you might miss out on notifications that a new episode has gone live. Click here to subscribe on iTunes!
And if you are feeling extra amazing, I would be super grateful if you would leave a review on iTunes, too! Those reviews help other educators who are burned out and needing support find the podcast, and I love shouting you out on the Community Reviewer of the Week Segment! Just click here to review, select "Ratings & Reviews" and "Write a Review" and share what you are loving about the podcast!
Some links on this page are affiliate links. This helps to support this podcast at no additional cost to you.
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.