52. Financial Self-Care for Teachers: Strategies to Reduce Stress and Change Your Money Mindset with Special Guest Emily MaretskyMay 16, 2023
One of the most not-talked-about factors of teacher burnout is our finances. Our financial health impacts our overall well-being, alongside physical, emotional, and social aspects. As educators, financial stress can weigh heavily on us, exacerbating burnout. A study by Stanford University found that teachers experience higher levels of economic and financial anxiety compared to other professions. Many teachers struggle to make ends meet, leading to chronic worry and even the need for second jobs.
But there is a way forward. By prioritizing financial literacy and making smart decisions, we can reduce stress levels and gain a sense of empowerment. In this episode, we interview Emily Maretsky, a financial coach specializing in helping educators. Emily shares practical strategies, retirement options, and tips for achieving financial health. Join us as we debunk financial myths, break free from scarcity mindset, and explore how financial self-care is essential for teacher well-being.
- How lack of financial self-care leads to teacher burnout
- Surprising statistic about teacher financial anxiety
- How Emily got started with being the TeacherFinancialCoach
- The Biggest Challenges Teachers Face
- How to Overcome These Challenges
- What Financial Mistakes are Teachers Making
- Practical Strategies for Teacher to Improve Financial Well-Being
- How Teachers can Stay Motivated & Focused on Financial Goals even with setbacks
- Books & Resources for Teachers Wanting to Get Started with Improving Financial Health
- Where You Can Find Emily
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THE EPISODE:
- I will Teach You to Be Rich by Ramit Sethi
- Millionaire Teacher by Andrew Hallam
- 403bwise Facebook Group
- Get accessible mental health support from licensed professionals online with Talk Space (They take insurance) - Save $100 with Code SPACE
CONNECT WITH EMILY MARETSKY:
CONNECT WITH BRITTANY:
- Connect with Brittany on Instagram @teachingmindbodyandsoul
- Learn more on TikTok with Brittany @msprincessteach
- Episode 48: Transforming Teacher Burnout: From Leaving the Classroom to Rediscovering Fulfillment with Special Guest Amber Harper
- Episode 46: Is ChatGPT the Future of Burnout Prevention [Sustainability Series]
- Episode 45: 5 Simple Automations to Streamline Teaching & Squash Stress [Sustainability Series]
- Episode 47: How to Tackle Your Teacher To Do List & Love Teaching Again with Special Guest Jamie Sears
- Episode 11: The Ultimate Teacher Time Hacks for Burnout Prevention with Jen Manly
MORE ABOUT THE RESILIENT TEACHER PODCAST:
The Resilient Teacher Podcast is the show that will give overwhelmed educators the support, tools, and mindset to reduce teacher burnout and keep teaching sustainable. Each week, Brittany Blackwell, M.Ed. & her guests will share inspiration and actionable steps to avoid or recover from the dreaded teacher burnout. You'll be inspired to individualize self-care and learn to prioritize your well-being and mental health, all while making a bigger impact on your classrooms and community.
SUBSCRIBE & REVIEW ON ITUNES:
Are you subscribed to the podcast? If not, I encourage you to do that NOW so you never miss another episode! New episodes are added every Tuesday, and if you're not subscribed there's a good chance you might miss out on notifications that a new episode has gone live. Click here to subscribe on iTunes!
And if you are feeling extra amazing, I would be super grateful if you would leave a review on iTunes, too! Those reviews help other educators who are burned out and needing support find the podcast, and I love shouting you out on the Community Reviewer of the Week Segment! Just click here to review, select "Ratings & Reviews" and "Write a Review" and share what you are loving about the podcast!
Some links on this page are affiliate links. This helps to support this podcast at no additional cost to you.
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.