When It's Time to Move On: Understanding Teacher Burnout and Transitioning Out of the Classroom with Daphne GomezApr 25, 2023
Are you a burned out teacher wondering if it's time to move on and transition out of the classroom? You're definitely not alone. In the last couple of years, the number of teachers leaving the profession has sky-rocketed and while I'm here to help you navigate teacher burnout, I truly believe that you should have all the resources you need to make the best decision for you. I never want a teacher to feel like there are not options available because you should never feel stuck or feel like you have to choose your health or your career. That's why in today's episode, we are chatting with Daphne Gomez, who you might know as the Teacher Career Coach, about her journey in education, how to gain clarity around if and when you should leave the classroom, types of career options available, and the transferrable skills that every teacher has (and you should totally add to your resume).
After navigating her own career transition from teaching in 2017, Daphne Gomez founded Teacher Career Coach to support other teachers thinking of making a change. She launched the first complete coaching program of its kind, the Teacher Career Coach Course in 2019 and also hosts the popular Teacher Career Coach Podcast each week. Daphne has created a judgement-free community dedicated to helping educators find happiness in their careers - inside or outside the classroom.
- Daphne's Journey through Burnout to Teacher Career Coach
- How to Gain Clarity on if Leaving the Profession is Right for you
- Three Options for Making a Change When You're Misaligned in Your Career
- How Environment Can Impact Your Teacher Burnout
- How leaving teaching doesn't mean you give up on education
- Possible career path pivots for teachers
- Transferrable skills that teachers have in any career path
- The Teacher Career Coach Quiz: What Career Outside of the Classroom is Right for You?
- Teacher Career Coach Resources to Help You Determine if You to Transition Out of the Classroom
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THE EPISODE:
- Free Quiz: What Career Outside of The Classroom is Right For You?
- The Teacher Career Coach Course
- Take the FREE Teacher Burnout Roadmap to Burnout Recovery Quiz - Take this short, fun, and informative quiz to discover what you need to sustain your teaching career and begin burnout recovery. This quiz will help you understand what support systems you need, how to prioritize your mental health to live a fulfilling and energized life as a teacher, and what drives your self-care.
CONNECT WITH DAPHNE GOMEZ:
CONNECT WITH BRITTANY:
- Connect with Brittany on Instagram @teachingmindbodyandsoul
- Learn more on TikTok with Brittany @msprincessteach
- Episode 48: Transforming Teacher Burnout: From Leaving the Classroom to Rediscovering Fulfillment with Special Guest Amber Harper
- Episode 46: Is ChatGPT the Future of Burnout Prevention [Sustainability Series]
- Episode 45: 5 Simple Automations to Streamline Teaching & Squash Stress [Sustainability Series]
- Episode 47: How to Tackle Your Teacher To Do List & Love Teaching Again with Special Guest Jamie Sears
- Episode 11: The Ultimate Teacher Time Hacks for Burnout Prevention with Jen Manly
MORE ABOUT THE RESILIENT TEACHER PODCAST:
The Resilient Teacher Podcast is the show that will give overwhelmed educators the support, tools, and mindset to reduce teacher burnout and keep teaching sustainable. Each week, Brittany Blackwell, M.Ed. & her guests will share inspiration and actionable steps to avoid or recover from the dreaded teacher burnout. You'll be inspired to individualize self-care and learn to prioritize your well-being and mental health, all while making a bigger impact on your classrooms and community.
SUBSCRIBE & REVIEW ON ITUNES:
Are you subscribed to the podcast? If not, I encourage you to do that NOW so you never miss another episode! New episodes are added every Tuesday, and if you're not subscribed there's a good chance you might miss out on notifications that a new episode has gone live. Click here to subscribe on iTunes!
And if you are feeling extra amazing, I would be super grateful if you would leave a review on iTunes, too! Those reviews help other educators who are burned out and needing support find the podcast, and I love shouting you out on the Community Reviewer of the Week Segment! Just click here to review, select "Ratings & Reviews" and "Write a Review" and share what you are loving about the podcast!
Some links on this page are affiliate links. This helps to support this podcast at no additional cost to you.
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.