The Battle Against Teacher Burnout: The Ultimate Strategies for Managing Job Creep in Education [SUSTAINABILITY SERIES]Mar 21, 2023
The Impact of Job Creep on Teacher Burnout & Sustainability
Are you a teacher struggling to keep up with the demands of your job? Do you find yourself taking on more responsibilities than you can handle? Or being handed more responsibilities and more demands year after year? If so, you're not alone. Job creep is a quickly becoming a detrimental issue in education, and it can have a significant impact on teacher burnout and sustainability.
Practical Tips for Combating Job Creep in Education
In this podcast episode, we'll explore what job creep is, how it affects teachers, and most importantly, what you can do to combat it. We'll cover practical tips for setting boundaries, managing your workload, and working effectively with your administration to promote sustainable teaching practices.
- The Impact of Job Creep in Education
- Community Shout Out
- Story Time: How Job Creep Can Lead to Teacher Burnout
- What is Job Creep in Education and How to Combat it for Sustainability?
- Job Creep in Education is Unsustainable: Why Teachers Need to Set Boundaries
- 4 Ways that Boundaries Help Combat Job Creep and Support Sustainable Teaching
- How to Address Job Creep with Your Administrator to Reduce Teacher Burnout
- The Additional Challenges of Technology on Job Creep and Teacher Burnout
- Effect of Multiple Technological Teaching Modalities on Teacher Productivity and Burnout
- Streamlining with Automation
- What is automation in the classroom and teaching?
- Coming Up in the next episode of the Sustainability Series
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THE EPISODE:
- Join the Waitlist for Automate Your Classroom Course - Learn the step-by-step roadmap TO creating a sustainable teacher task simplification and automation system to beat burnout, squash stress, get back YOUR time, and sustain your career in education
- Take the FREE Teacher Burnout Roadmap to Burnout Recovery Quiz -
- Science-Backed Mental Wellness products for stress resilience, mood, motivation, & energy
- Get accessible mental health support from licensed professionals online with Talk Space (They take insurance) - Save $100 with Code SPACE
- The Ultimate Teacher Guide to Reducing Decision Fatigue FREEBIE
- Get the AI for Teachers E-Book provides step by step instructions, strategies and real world examples of how other teachers are making their classrooms easier to manage with artificial intelligence.
CONNECT WITH BRITTANY:
- Connect with Brittany on Instagram @teachingmindbodyandsoul
- Learn more on TikTok with Brittany @msprincessteach
- Episode 41: Sustainability Secrets: Overcoming Stress Responses in the Classroom
- Episode 42: Teach Smarter, Not Harder: Achieving Sustainability without Sacrificing Your Life [SUSTAINABILITY SERIES]
- Episode 43: Teacher Burnout Busting Systems: 3 Steps to Creating a Personalized Lesson Planning System with Sara Marye [SUSTAINABILITY SERIES]
- Episode 11: The Ultimate Teacher Time Hacks for Burnout Prevention with Jen Manly
MORE ABOUT THE RESILIENT TEACHER PODCAST:
The Resilient Teacher Podcast is the show that will give overwhelmed educators the support, tools, and mindset to reduce teacher burnout and keep teaching sustainable. Each week, Brittany Blackwell, M.Ed. & her guests will share inspiration and actionable steps to avoid or recover from the dreaded teacher burnout. You'll be inspired to individualize self-care and learn to prioritize your well-being and mental health, all while making a bigger impact on your classrooms and community.
SUBSCRIBE & REVIEW ON ITUNES:
Are you subscribed to the podcast? If not, I encourage you to do that NOW so you never miss another episode! New episodes are added every Tuesday, and if you're not subscribed there's a good chance you might miss out on notifications that a new episode has gone live. Click here to subscribe on iTunes!
And if you are feeling extra amazing, I would be super grateful if you would leave a review on iTunes, too! Those reviews help other educators who are burned out and needing support find the podcast, and I love shouting you out on the Community Reviewer of the Week Segment! Just click here to review, select "Ratings & Reviews" and "Write a Review" and share what you are loving about the podcast!
Some links on this page are affiliate links. This helps to support this podcast at no additional cost to you.
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.